Here is a Rarity of a Car-
After speaking to those in the know- we have found out that- This HJ GTS sedan – H827801 – is the second HJ8WQ69 out of Pagewood Factory. The
first vehicle was the On-Line Pilot and was a base car (4.2 manual). This car is the second, and as such is the first regular production unit.
There was a considerable delay in the build as you can imagine on
early cars like this as the workers are still in the learning phase of putting them together.
The Classic GTS Sedan is as follows-
– 08/74 HJ GTS Monaro Sedan.
– Built at the Sydney Plant and sold through J. H. Rosewarne Pty Ltd, Kadina.
– 18904 miles showing on odometer (possibly been around once?).
– Mandarin Red Paint with dual Chamois/Covert vinyl trim.
– 308 V8 engine.
– Turbo 400 auto
– 3.08 ratio Large Salisbury diff
– full log books, purchase papers and some other receipts.
Completely unrestored car.
This car is the very first production built Monaro in the HJ series
We believe this car to be a 3 owner car (the current owner being the 3rd owner).
Mostly original paint and car presents very well for 45 year old unrestored car.
Slight oil leak coming from gearbox sump gasket and small hole in exhaust muffler.
If you would like to make an appointment to inspect or access to our additional photos- please call Chester today on 0414239028